The turbulent environment created by the pandemic rate at which the deadly virus is spreading around the world has enhanced the need for all Pastors and the entire membership of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana to take note of the following seriously.
All directives from the President of the Republic of Ghana on the Coronavirus must be followed strictly by our congregations and all institutions of the Church.
All foreign travels if not extremely important, must be discouraged and suspended.
Conscious efforts must be made to avoid the spread of the virus through regular and thorough handwashing with soap under running water, avoid handshake, use of sanitizer, etc.
We encourage all to Co-operate with the State Agencies in the fight against this pandemic.
Above all, let us pray fervently for divine intervention.
Continue to trust God and keep alive our hope in Jesus Christ.
Remain calm, God is in control.
REV. DR. SETH SENYO AGIDI
MODERATOR OF GENERAL ASSEMBLY
The President, E. P University College
All Colleges of Education
General Manager, E. P. Schools
All Heads Second Cycle Institutions
Summary of the Directives from the President of the Republic.
- All public gatherings including conferences, funerals, church activities have been suspended for 4 weeks.
- All Universities, schools etc have been closed from tomorrow. They’re to do distance learning.
- Government travel bans announced still in force.
- Ministry of transport to work with transport operators to enhance hygiene.
- Supermarkets, malls etc must ensure highest standards of personal hygiene.
- Ministry of Local Government must liaise with relevant authorities to improve hygiene standards in our markets.
- Attorney General and Minister for Health to fast track processes to ensure legislative processes are implemented to back directives.