A man said to be the father of embattled Menzgold CEO Nana Appiah Mensah aka NAM1 has threatened to expose some influential Ghanaians who benefited from his son’s largesse.
According to the man only identified as ‘Chairman’, top officials and well-placed Ghanaians took monies amounting to over $51 million from his son but have turned around to brand him as a bad person since NAM1’s troubles started.
Speaking in an interview on Zylofon FM on Tuesday, the angry-sounding man stated that he was disgusted by the hypocritical attitude of such people.
“These top officials want to make my son the bad person after taking 51 million cedis and sharing it among themselves. I don’t want to mention names now but at the right time, I will do that because I am not afraid of anyone,“ Chairman stated in the interview.
He added: “There are some people in there. Some got 10 million dollars. Others got this and that. I know every bank account that a part of the 51 million entered. Some many things will happen but I leave it here for now.”
He pointed out that his main focus now is to pray for the son’s release in order for him to organise monies to pay Menzgold customers.
On reports that his son may return to Ghana next week after being put before a court in Dubai on February 2, NAM1’s father laughed off the claim.
It will be recalled that after the return of Ghana’s delegation to Dubai following reports that the wanted Menzgold CEO had been arrested in the United Arab Emirates, the Ghana Police Service and EOCO issued a joint statement.
In the statement, it was claimed that the delegation had made contact with NAM1 and that he was in custody awaiting to appear in court on February 2 over a fraud case, the outcome of which will determine when NAM1 will come back to Ghana.
But according to NAM1’s father, his son had not talked to anybody and the February 2 court date is even not true because no court will sit on a Saturday in Dubai.
In a laughable tone, he said the “security people were not correct” and were “useless entities”