TIE GHANA

Video of civilian hitting a military man happened in 2019 – Ghana Armed Forces

The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) has said a viral video of a civilian attacking a military officer in public is not related to coronavirus lockdown operations.

READ ALSO:Angry residents chase out lockdown escapees

The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) has said a viral video of a civilian attacking a military officer in public is not related to coronavirus lockdown operations.
Video of civilian hitting a military man happened in 2019 – Ghana Armed forces

Director of Public Relations of GAF, Colonel Eric Aggrey Quarshie, said on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen Programme on Wednesday the incident happened in 2019.

READ ALSO:Northern Regional security council ‘bans’ already-outlawed prostitution

In a video that has gone viral on social media, a man ordered to do sit-ups in the Ashanti region for flouting the law rather punched the soldier and bolted.

 

 

He was later apprehended and taken through rigorous punishments for daring to attack a military man.

Col. Quarshie said there is no cause for alarm because the video is an old one.

“The video is not linked to lockdown operation at all; it is old. It happened last year,” he stressed.

READ ALSO:Burkina Faso, Guinea reject citizens who tested positive for coronavirus in Ghana

The GAF Director of Public Affairs cited how he personally worked on one of the videos being circulated today in 2018 to buttress his point.

 

“There is a particular video trending but I worked on it in 2018, drew the attention of the Commanding Officer to it and those security personnel involved were taken on,” Col. Quarshie said.

This notwithstanding, he stressed that, the men on the ground have been ordered not to touch any civilian should he or she flout the lockdown orders.

 

Source: adomonline.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *