Organisers of the Harare concert that was set to feature popular South African musician Cassper Nyovest and DJ Prince Kaybee as the main acts on Saturday have cancelled the show over the current cholera outbreak that has claimed over 30 people.
Events Evolution spokesperson Fungai ‘Kush’ Zvirawa told the media Tuesday that as the organisers, they were equally concerned about the safety of music fans who were coming to the show.
READ ALSO: Martha Ankomah Confesses Being Single And Searching
The show, dubbed ‘RSVP concert’, was also set to feature some local artists. It has since been moved to November 10 at the same venue, Glamis Arena.
The health disaster, which has also seen over 5 000 suspected cases, has been declared a state of emergency by the government which has gone on to ban public gatherings in attempts to curb the further spread of the infectious disease.
“We’re concerned about people’s safety and standards, so the RSVP Concert will now be held on November 10 after consultation with many health and government institutions. So, we have to take the public’s health into consideration,” Zvirawa added.
Artists who were lined up for the musical event are Nyovest, Kaybee, Sylent Nqo, ExQ, Takura, Freeman, Shasha, Dhadza D and Jah Signal.
READ ALSO: Edem introduces new volta artistes to the music industry in new song ‘godo’
Zvirawa said the artists have also understood and accepted the date switch.
“The good thing is that the performing artistes are well aware and supportive of the initiative,” she said.
She was quick to assure all the fans who had already purchased their tickets the same tickets will still be valid up to the show date.
READ ALSO: Ghana To Host All Africa Music Awards 2018
Zimbabwe Tourism Authority chief operating officer, Givemore Chidzidzi, also assured the nation that as an organisation, they were hopeful the epidemic would be under control in the next few coming weeks and would not affect the shows.
Despite the outbreak, he said, Zimbabwe was still a safe tourist destination.
“Zimbabwe remains, a safe tourist destination to visit and visitors are safe for as long as they heed the instructions from health experts,” he said.
“Zimbabwe is open for business and open four tourism. As ZTA, we are concerned by standards and because of that, the service providers whether its food or anything, are subject to serious scrutiny,” Chidzidzi said.